Each of the following awards is named after an individual who has exuded the characteristics all of us should admire and strive to emulate. They both left a legacy behind, setting the bar for us all to reach for in our own dedication to the interior design industry through the Texas Chapter of ASID.
THE KATHY HAMMOND INDUSTRY PARTNER AWARD
Kathy Hammond was praised for her commitment to professionalism, keen sense of style, and eagerness to support the community. From serving with the Dallas Design Community to helping to organize METROCON Expo & Conference to volunteering for innumerable other roles, she consistently stepped up to the plate, always willing and eager to contribute where the need arose. This award is for an Industry Partner Representative who has continually and enthusiastically supported the Texas Chapter through their contribution of time, energy, materials, and resources.
THE ROBERT PRESTON HENRY PRACTITIONER AWARD
Serving as ASID Texas Chapter president from 1993-1994, Robert Preston Henry actively promoted the profession he loved so much through a vibrant career spanning 60 years of dedication. He cultivated a love for interior design and was devoted to ASID. Practitioners nominated for one of these three awards radiate the same vibrant eagerness to support the chapter through volunteerism and commitment to peers, events and the chapter as a whole.
- On the Rise Legacy: This individual is still immersed in their interior design studies while being plugged in and eager to volunteer time and energy at the student level, encouraging peers and fellow members alike to further advance the interior design profession, the chapter, and ASID.
- Emerging Legacy: This practitioner has been supporting the chapter with time and energy with fresh consistency between two-five years of membership.
- Longevity Legacy: This individual has graced the ASID Texas Chapter with support, time and energy for six or more years of consecutive membership.
HOW TO NOMINATE A MEMBER:
If you would like to nominate a member for one or more of these awards, please email Lisa Sorenson, Allied ASID, the Chair of the 2017 Texas Chapter Awards Committee, with the following information:
- nominee name & contact information
- category name
- a brief paragraph explaining why this ASID member is deserving of the award
- your name & contact information
[You may nominate a maximum of one member per award.]
The DEADLINE to get nominations to the Texas Chapter Awards Committee to review is FRIDAY, MAY 19, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa: 210-722-5174.