Building upon the momentum of last year’s inaugural in-person ASID Texas Chapter Conference, Celebrating Design Texas: Education, Expo & Awards, this year’s event attracted 350+ design professionals, students, and industry members from across the state. The two-day event – abbreviated as CDT – took place Thursday, August 11 & Friday, August 12, 2022 on the Dallas Market Center campus in the Trade Mart.
CDT22 participants took advantage of…
- 14 hours of HSW, IDCEC-approved CEUs.
- Three DMC campus tours for Students/Emerging Designers personally led by Michael Bauer, DMC VP of Home & Design.
- An intimate expo comprised of 31 diverse vendors.
- An Expo Bingo game connecting designers and vendors. Congratulations to designer Aisha Z. Lewis-Martin, Allied ASID of Functional Conceptz in McKinney, who won a $100 Visa gift card!
- Complimentary lunches and light bites within our generous Sponsors’ beautiful showrooms (see list below). Many thanks to Colleen Visage, Vice President Product Management for Progress Lighting, for organizing this much appreciated aspect of the conference.
- A networking-focused Happy Hour hosted by Minka Group Vice President Will Cox and his fantastic team in their expansive showroom, which included lots of great lighting giveaways, as well as a $200 spa gift card. Congratulations to Kristi Kennimer with Scarlet Reagan Art & Home for winning our Designer Bingo networking game!
- And, last but certainly not least, the culmination of the conference: A festive Palm Beach-themed Awards Event staged alongside the beautiful koi pond located in the Trade Mart’s Grand Pavilion where we honored our talented and dedicated members.
VIEW PHOTOS FROM THE EDUCATION & EXPO PORTION OF CDT22
VIEW PHOTOS FROM THE CDT22 AWARDS EVENT
A HUGE THANK YOU to the following 48 companies who supported this year's successful conference:
- Host Sponsor: DALLAS MARKET CENTER
- Sparkling Sponsor: PROGRESS LIGHTING*
- Happy Hour Sponsor: MINKA GROUP
- Floral Sponsor: THE BOTANICAL MIX
- Tote Bag Sponsor: DALLAS RUGS
- Notepad Sponsor: CLIENTPAY
- Beverage Sponsors: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS and HEAT & GLO
- Lanyard Sponsor: FIBER-SEAL OF NORTH TEXAS
- Level 1:
- Level 2:
*Served lunch / light bites within their showroom on one or both conference days.
- ARIZONA TILE
- ARMSTRONG CEILINGS
- C&C WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS
- CONTRACT RESOURCE GROUP - SW
- DALLAS RUGS
- ESTUDIO GROUP, LLC
- EVEREST STONE
- FIBER-SEAL OF NORTH TEXAS
- HEAT & GLO
- INTERIOR & TEXTILE SOLUTIONS
- KICHLER LIGHTING
- MARKOWICZ FINE ART
- MONOGRAM LUXURY APPLIANCES
- MTI BATHS
- PORCELANOSA GROUP
- PPG PAINTS
- PROSOURCE WHOLESALE
- SCARLET REAGAN ART & HOME
- STACY COULTER & ASSOCIATES
- STÅL TIMBER
- SUB-ZERO, WOLF, COVE
- TEXAS BOARD OF ARCHITECTURAL EXAMINERS
- TEXAS COUNTER FITTERS
- THE BOTANICAL MIX
- TUFFSKIN TEXAS
- Lee Baggett & Grace Jacob of ARMSTRONG CEILINGS
- David Euscher, ASID, IIDA, LEED AP, WELL AP of CORGAN
- Fred Jackson, CTC, CSI of ESTUDIO GROUP, LLC
- Kimberly Renger of HEARTH & HOME TECHNOLOGIES
- Tonya Wood, ASID, RID of MEAD & HUNT
- Linkoln Dixon, LC, IES of PROGRESS LIGHTING
- Michelle Gross, LC, IES of RICHARD ALAN & ASSOCIATES
- Ron Davis, RAS of RON DAVIS CONSULTING
- Ashlynn Bourque of SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
- Darrell Stanley of STEELCASE
At the Awards Event we...
- recognized the beneficiaries of the 2022 President’s Awards bestowed by 2021-2022 ASID Texas Chapter President Annette Mallard, ASID,
- honored the deserving recipients of the 2022 Texas Chapter Member Awards for volunteerism,
- and celebrated the talented winners of the 2022 Celebrating Design Texas Awards, the annual design competition recognizing the finest interior design achievements within the ASID Texas Chapter. Find a photo gallery of the winning projects here.
Many thanks to the CDT22 Committee for taking the time out of their busy schedules to volunteer to organize this energizing and fun event for our members: Co-Chairs Lisa Barron, ASID & Laura McDonald Stewart, FASID; Kenda Draper, ASID; Elliot Fischer, ASID IP Representative; and Annette Mallard, ASID.
Plan on attending CDT23 back at a new location within Dallas Market Center (dates TBA), and stay tuned for updates on the official event website, asidtxcdt.com!