Communications Director Candidate Bio
Karla Urbina, ASID Industry Partner Rep.
• Texas Tech University
• Tri-Supply – Contract Sales Manager for Tri-Supply’s Hospitality Furniture Division
• Exteriors Designer Showroom – Showroom Manager
• ASID TX Chapter Communications Director - 2022-2023 (appointed mid-term)
• ASID TX Austin Design Community Communications Chair - 2012-2015, 2019-2022
• ASID Industry Partner Representative - 2010-Present
Community/Civic Activities, Other Professional Organizations
• Member of IIDA - 2019-Present
• Member of Austin Apartment Association - 2017-Present
• CAS Certified – Austin Apartment Association
My goals include the following:
- Ensure that all chapter communications are conducted in accordance with the ASID brand identity and standards.
- Support the mission, policies and programs of the Society and chapter as adopted by the Society and chapter board of directors.
- Support and oversee the committees and task forces regarding chapter communications (magazine, e-newsletter, and social media).
- Work with communications staff at ASID Headquarters as needed to develop communications and strategies.
- Develop and monitor a communication and outreach plan, which supports the chapter’s strategic plan.
- Assist the chapter leadership with crafting communications that further the goals and key messages of the chapter.
- Create fellowship with my board peers, as well as the DC leadership.