Austin Design Community
Upcoming Austin ASID Events
March 27 | POSTPONED March 10 due to COVID-19: 2020 Design Excellence Awards Event at The Belmont
June 11 | POSTPONED March 27 due to COVID-19: High on Design Conference
August 13 & 14 | Celebrating Design Texas: Education, Expo & Awards at the World Trade Center in Dallas (ASID Texas Chapter event)
November 6 & 7 | Student Symposium at various locations in Dallas (ASID Texas Chapter event)
Visit our EVENTS section to perform a search by zip code to find other design events happening in the Austin area planned by Industry Partners, the Texas chapter and/or ASID Headquarters.
Recent Past Events
February 25 | Fun at Punch Bowl Social in the Domain
January 15 | Lunch & Beauty in Sustainability CEU at Lighting Inc
January 13 | ASID Texas Emerging Professionals Market Meetup at Dallas Market Center (ASID Texas Chapter Event)
October 16 | October Social at Rosedale Kitchen & Bar
Austin Gives Back
The Salvation Army
The Austin Design Community has partnered with The Salvation Army of Austin. Their Rathgeber Center is a 230 bed shelter and will be a safe-haven for families in Travis and Williamson counties experiencing homelessness. On average, The Salvation Army has nearly 300 women and children on their wait list for shelter at the Austin Shelter for Women and Children. The Austin DC is helping to fund toys for the families who will be residing at the center.
PHASE II is well underway! To adopt a suite, or donate furniture or goods, contact Austin Design Community Chair Stephanie Swedlund, Allied ASID at ASIDaustin@gmail.com.
Please consider donating any amount you can. You can buy off of the Rathberger’s ASID Target Gift Registry or Walmart Gift Registry, or if you would like to contribute a monetary donation, go to SalvationArmyAUSTIN.org OR mail a check to:
The Salvation Army Austin Area Command
4700 Manor Rd
Austin, TX 78723
The Andy Roddick Foundation
The Austin Design Community partnered with The Andy Roddick Foundation in their efforts to fill backpacks with all of the necessary school supplies for back-to-school. We are happy to report that the drive was a huge success. CLICK HERE to find out how much we raised!
2018 Austin Designer's Choice Awards
ASID Industry Partners were recognized by ASID Texas Austin Design Community practitioners members in the 2018 Designer’s Choice Awards, which were announced in conjunction with the 2018 Design Excellence Awards.
VIEW THE LIST OF THE 2018 WINNERS
Austin Design Excellence Awards
2020 Competition Winners
Winners, please know that...
- You will receive your awards in person at the Design Excellence Awards Event, which is being rescheduled due to COVID-19.
- You will be featured in the July/August issue of Luxe Interiors + Design and will be offered a discounted advertising rate in a special section of the issue.
- A link to the winners list will be included in the April issue of the ASID Texas Chapter Enewsletter, which will be distributed to the entire chapter on April 6.
- You will be listed in the next issue of the ASID Texas Chapter magazine, Design Texas, which is due out early June.
2020 Awards Event
- Due to COVID-19, the Awards Event originally scheduled for Friday, March 27 from 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM at The Belmont has been postponed until further notice.
- Ticket sales remain open, however, in anticipation of rescheduling. Find out details and register to attend the 2020 Design Excellence Awards Event on Eventbrite.
2020 Event Sponsorships
To inquire about Event Sponsorship, please contact Sandy Weatherford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Competition Entries
- Early Bird Entry Submission Dates: January 27 @ 9:00 AM - February 14 @ 11:59 PM
- Regular Entry Submission Dates: February 15 @ 12:00 AM - February 21 @ 11:59 PM
- Find out details and enter a project for the 2020 Design Excellence Awards on the competition website asidaustindesignexcellence.com.
2019-2020 Board of Volunteers for Austin
Programming is only possible with the help of volunteers. Thank you to the following members for taking the time to bring value to the members of this Design Community.
Chair – Stephanie Swedlund, Allied ASID
Financial/Vice-Chair – TBA
Outgoing Chair: Cody Rackley, Allied ASID
Secretary Chair: Natalia Kondratenko, IP Rep
Public Relations Chair – Karla Urbina, ASID IP Rep
Public Relations Co-Chair – Jo Cox
Sponsorship Chair – Sandy Weatherford, ASID IP Rep
Membership Chair – Nevena Djujic Nance, ASID IP Rep
Student Liaison / EP Chair – Bryann Agajanian, Student ASID
Programs Chair – Jennifer Nutt, ASID IP Rep
Secretary – Natalia Kondratenko, Student ASID
Special Events Chair – Theresa Chovan, ASID IP Rep
Special Events Co-Chair – Carly Young, ASID IP Rep
Special Events Co-Chair – Michell Baeza, ASID IP Rep