NOTICE (posted March 9 @ 11:20 AM): This event has been cancelled at the request of Benjamin Moore. Benjamin Moore's statement: "Due to the spread of COVID-19 we are taking a precaution and cancelling the ASID Dallas Benjamin Moore Plant Tour. Benjamin Moore will look to reschedule in the future when the threat of the virus has lessened.” For those non-members with paid registrations, you will be refunded through the Eventbrite system, but please understand that it might take 5-7 business days for the refund to appear on your credit card. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to rescheduling this fun and educational event in the future!
Please join the ASID Texas Chapter Dallas Design Community for our March event: a special tour of the Mesquite plant of ASID Industry Partner Benjamin Moore, which includes a multi-faceted inside look at the manufacturing, performance and properties of paint. We will break up into small groups for 15-minute plant tours, rotating while eating lunch and experiencing the hands-on testing stations:
- Product Performance Testing Station: an interactive demonstration showing the color, hide, and performance differences of several products across different price points. When is premium paint worth the price tag?
- Color and Light Station: take an in depth look at how light sources affect color, and learn the proper ways to compare and specify color for your project.
- NEW AS OF MARCH 2ND: In an effort to curtail the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Benjamin Moore has mandated that no one who has traveled out of the USA in the last 30 days may participate in the plant tour.
- Closed toe shoes required – no heels.
- No pictures can be taken inside manufacturing plant.
- Carpooling with colleagues is highly encouraged due to limited plant parking.
Attendance is limited to 75 people, and registration closes at 5:00 PM on Monday, March 9th or when spots sell out, whichever comes first.
- ASID Members (Practitioners/Educators, Students & Industry Partner Reps): $0
- Non-Members/Guests: $20 (payable online via EventBrite)
IMPORTANT: If you RSVP via Eventbrite and then discover you cannot attend, please be courteous by following these instructions to cancel your registration so that both the host and the Dallas Design Community volunteer organizers know.
Questions about this specific event? Contact ASID TX Dallas DC Programs Co-Chair, Sherry Zuch, ASID IP Rep: firstname.lastname@example.org.