Come one, come all to a diversity in design Black History Month LIVE discussion with the ASID Texas Diversity Task Force.
The Color of Design: Discussing the Experience of Black Interior Designers
This open and honest discussion will delve into the experiences of black designers as it pertains to the topics of:
- Double Consciousness
- Passive & Micro Aggression
- White-Washing within the interior design industry
Panel speakers will feature Black History expert Mia Mukes and the following designers:
- Veronica Sanders, Allied ASID
- Carolyn Darensbourg, Allied ASID
- Stephanie Sullivan Whalon, Associate ASID
- Nichelle Hosley, Allied ASID
- Geisha Williams, Allied ASID (Co-Organizer)
- ASID Members (Designers/Educators, Industry Partner Representatives & Students): $0
- Non-Members: $0
- The online platform is Zoom and is limited to 100 participants.
- To participate, please RSVP via Eventbrite. Once your registration is completed, you will be able to access the Online Event Page, which is where the Zoom link will be posted closer to the event. You will also be emailed the Zoom link the day of the event.
- RSVPs will close at 5:00 PM on February 18th or when it sells out, whichever comes first.
QUESTIONS about this event? Please contact ASID Texas Diversity Task Force Member Veronica Sanders, Allied ASID: firstname.lastname@example.org